Who is your favourite out of the new X Factor judging Panel?

Sunday 24 July 2011

Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had Review

Best Thing I Never Had Artwork
Artist: Beyonce
Title: Best Thing I Never Had
Release Date: 28th June
Best Thing I Never Had is the 2nd single from Beyonce's 4th solo album entitled '4'. It is also the follow up to 'Run the World (Girls)'. I was not a fan of 'Girls' as I thought it felt like it did not flow properly and it was just put together without any thought. Also very repetitive. However Best Thing I Never Had is the total opposite. I was a fan of the song from the first listen. Beyonce's vocals are amazing on the track and it also has so much meaning. The chorus is epic. Beyonce is the only person I know to say 'I bet it sucks to be you right now' with so much meaning and passion. It is up there with one of my favourite Beyonce tracks like irreplaceable and sweet dreams. Very happy it charted at number 3 as i am a big fan of the track and reflects well on Beyonce after 'Run the world' flopped slightly.
Overall: Great follow up to a disappointing lead single, Beyonce's vocals are at her best and a strong contender for her best track yet.
Grade: A*
'Best Thing I Never Had' official music video


No comments:

Post a Comment