Who is your favourite out of the new X Factor judging Panel?

Sunday 24 July 2011

Nicola Roberts - Beat Of My Drum Review

Beat Of My Drum Artwork
Artist: Nicola Roberts
Title: Beat Of My Drum
Release Date: 5th June
Beat Of My Drum is Nicola Roberts debut solo single. After not being a fan of Nicola in Girls Aloud as my favourite was Cheryl. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked Nicola's debut single. It has a very catchy chorus and you could tell Nicola has been working hard releasing the best material she can. She has not gone down the typical route like her other band mates. She has gone for a rougher sound which I really like. Although the 'On Air' sale way did not work for Nicola and the chart position was not very good she should still be very pleased that she released a great debut. We all know Beat of my Drum should have charted much higher than it actually did. I am really looking forward to her debut album and to see what sounds she has been exploring.Also I think you will all agree with me that the best live performance of this song was on the Paul O Grady show. The video is at the end.
Overall: Surprising great debut single with catchy chorus and good vocals. Well done Nicola!
Grade: B+





The best live performance of 'Beat Of My Drum' live on the Paul O Garady Show

'Beat Of My Drum' official music video

No comments:

Post a Comment